Moritz Karl - FMC ER - Diskussion
So hättest du doch ein paar Monate gewartet, Moritz, dann wärst du mit hoher Wahrscheinlichkeit FMC-Weltmeister geworden. Big Grin
[Bild: img.php?id=2012HOFL01&ranking=NR&event_1...nt_3=333oh]
Och ... das kann ja noch kommen^^...
-----

Feet made me sad ):
Interesting thread…

Initially I did not realize that the initial part of this thread was a compilation from another discussion and that the 1st post was actually written before the ER.
So thanks to Laura for clearing this up!

As a somewhat knowledgeable FMC solver I am not too fond of lucky speedsolve solutions winning competitions.
As such I was not too happy with the WR solutions by Jimmy and Istvan.
But with Moritz’ solution I never had this sentiment.

Because:
I was aware of his past sub 30 solves on the forum, using all regular FMC techniques.
The double X cross is not simple speedsolving.
From the XX-cross there was a straightforward continuation into leaving 3 corners in 22 moves. (for a 28 HTM total)
Despite a promising continuation Moritz decided to check the inverse too.
And there he got luck on his side 
Just as Tomoaki got lucky with his insertions working out so well 

We will just have to accept that for the solutions in the low 20’s luck is involved:
Skips obviously but in more traditional FMC solving you need blocks coming together nicely or insertions with a lot of cancellations.

Imagine Sebastien, Tomoaki, Guus or Daniel coming up with this solution?
Would we consider it luck or would we be in awe of their incredibly well timed use of NISS?

Also:
People should not forget that a very powerful technique in FMC is trial and error in hopes of getting lucky.
Not just in speedsolving style but also in “real FMC style”.
Building the same 2x2x2 or 2x2x3 in different ways, hoping to find a better continuation (luck)
Insertion of random moves in the building of these blocks, hoping to find a better continuation (luck).
Even if you typically work via F2L-1 towards leaving corners:
First finish F2L in several ways (and spamming it with short OLL’s) to check if you get lucky.
(12.04.2013, 16:32)Cubenovice schrieb: Imagine Sebastien, Tomoaki, Guus or Daniel coming up with this solution?
Would we consider it luck or would we be in awe of their incredibly well timed use of NISS?

This is not against Moritz, I have already posted my opinion on his solution and that there is lots of skill involved, in contrst to the former double-ER. But:

Of course this skip is luck. You build a skeleton and you skip the last, most important step. How could you not consider this lucky? No one of us, who is good in FMC can force this or see this and switch with the knowledge of getting a skip. I hate getting LL-Skips in FMC and if I had gotten that solution, I would have taken it, but I would not really be happy with it. This is not what I consider as a fully respectable solve up to my standards.
(12.04.2013, 22:04)Sébastien schrieb: This is not what I consider as a fully respectable solve up to my standards.

This sounds like something a scrub would say. (Linked article is highly recommended for anyone who's into competitive gaming/sports)

Anyway, fix your goddamn event (you can't determine a winner of a poker tournament after five hands, either) or simply stop flaming.

What about:
- 60 minutes
- 2 scrambles
- Mean of both solutions determine the winner
(22.04.2013, 13:03)tim schrieb:
(12.04.2013, 22:04)Sébastien schrieb: This is not what I consider as a fully respectable solve up to my standards.

This sounds like something a scrub would say. (Linked article is highly recommended for anyone who's into competitive gaming/sports)

Danke für den Artikel. Habe ich schon lange nicht mehr gesehen, trifft hier aber definitv zu. Man sollte im Sport alles ausreizen, was erlaubt ist. Solange es also nicht explizit verboten ist, ist der bessere Solve immer der bessere Solve und nicht etwa weniger Wert, weil er glücklich oder was weis ich was war. Ich beziehe das hier nicht nur auf speedcubing sondern wie obig genannter Artikel auf alle Sportarten. Nicht umsonst wird alles mit dem Sportgerät (hier: der cube) ausprobiert, was geht, um diesen besser zu machen, natürlich IM Rahmen der Regeln.

Ergo, Solange regelgerecht ist hier die kürzere Solution die bessere. Glück oder nicht, ist hier vollkommen egal.

Ich weis, dass man sich gerne über sowas aufregt ( Tu ich auch), aber man sollte wohl im Stande sein, sobald man sich vom ersten "Schock" erholt hat, dies auch so zu akzeptieren.

Bestes Bsp.: Fußball. Ein Fan regt sich natürlich auf, wenn seine Mannschaft verliert, aber sobald man objektiv darüber nachdenkt, erkennt man das die Mannschaft einfach die bessere war, die den Ball öfters ins Tor gebracht hat, selbst wenn die eigene Mannschaft vllt "schöner" gespielt hat.
Thank you for accepting K into your heart.♥
[Bild: img.php?id=2010DEIM01&ranking=NR&event_1...nt_3=pyram]

(22.04.2013, 20:29)Maxi93 schrieb: Ich weis, dass man sich gerne über sowas aufregt ( Tu ich auch), aber man sollte wohl im Stande sein, sobald man sich vom ersten "Schock" erholt hat, dies auch so zu akzeptieren.

An wen genau ist dieser Rat denn gerichtet? Wer regt sich denn auf und akzeptiert es nicht?

Die einzige Aufregung, die ich hier im Forum und auch auf den GO mitbekommen habe, ist die Aufregung über die Leute, die sich angeblich aufregen. Da hat sich mittlerweile eine beeindruckende Eigendynamik entwickelt.
[Bild: img.php?id=2009OHRN01&ranking=NR&event_1...nsparent=1]
Also ich versteh das auch nicht ganz...
Moritz und Adrian (fixed) sind doch super Speedcuber...
Und warum sollen denn andere Cuber auch immer Pech haben müssen nur, weil Basti kein solches Glück hat...
Das hat ja nix mit Fairness zutun^^...
-----

Feet made me sad ):
Hab ich was verpasst, was hat das jetzt mit Ramón zu tun?
(23.04.2013, 08:21)EMI94100 schrieb: Hab ich was verpasst, was hat das jetzt mit Ramón zu tun?

Das ist wohl der Beweis dafür, dass hier ziemlich viele Leute eine Meinung haben, aber gar nicht wissen worüber sie reden...
[Bild: img.php?id=2009OHRN01&ranking=NR&event_1...nsparent=1]

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste